Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

#779 closed defect/bug (fixed)

Odometer OSD avg_spd remains at 0

Reported by: korrosa Owned by: Singesang
Priority: minor Milestone:
Component: osd/core Version: git master
Severity: Keywords:
Cc:

Description

Navit r4186. The following is the line in navit.xml:

<osd enabled="yes" type="odometer" w="125" h="20"  x="-125" y="0" font_size="300" label="${avg_spd}" background_color="#000000c8" align="8" autostart="true"/>

When I click the OSD, the "0" turns orange (i.e. the OSD does go into a paused state). Clicking again turns the "0" white (i.e. active), but it remains at zero, even when doing >100kph for 10 minutes at a time. Something, somewhere isn't counting properly, as the OSD itself seems to be working. Attached images show the two states, and the current speed. Odometer OSD is top-right, first one down.

Extra info: removing the autostart="true" from the above navit.xml line, re-starting Navit and clicking on the OSD to activate it results in:

  • The OSD very briefly displays "-nan" (briefly here means < 1 second).
  • The OSD displays "0" from then on, no matter how fast/far we've driven.

I haven't tested other labels in the OSD, as I couldn't remember what they were at the time...!

Attachments (4)

Screenshot-2.png (119.0 KB) - added by korrosa 10 years ago.
Screenshot-3.png (120.8 KB) - added by korrosa 10 years ago.
tracks.tar.bz2 (117.3 KB) - added by korrosa 10 years ago.
tracks.nmea.tar.bz2 (47.4 KB) - added by korrosa 10 years ago.
Freshly baked nmea log attached.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (11)

Changed 10 years ago by korrosa

Changed 10 years ago by korrosa

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by tegzed

Hi Korrosa,

Which svn version are you using? There was a bug that is introduced with implerial units patch which is fixed in 4184. If your version is newer that that can you please send an nmea log so I can reproduce it. On my side this seems to be fine.

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by korrosa

Hi tegzed, I was hoping you'd see this!

As mentioned in the ticket body, my svn version is r4186, which is newer than the fix. I haven't got an NMEA log handy right now (I'll generate one later today or tomorrow), but I'll attach my gpx logs in the interim, in case they're useful.

Changed 10 years ago by korrosa

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by tegzed

Is the bug disappears if you remove autostart="true" ?

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by korrosa

No. Removing autostart="true" results in the following:

  • The OSD very briefly displays "-nan" (briefly here means < 1 second).
  • The OSD displays "0" from then on, no matter how fast/far we've driven.

When you asked for an nmea tracklog it got me thinking that this may be an issue with my gps mouse, and the interaction between that, gpsd and Navit. I'll get the nmea log today...

Changed 10 years ago by korrosa

Freshly baked nmea log attached.

comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by tegzed

OK, Mea culpa. I fixed this bug in 4216. I could reproduce this bug with your nmea sequence. I was unaware that the coordinates of mg projection can have negative value. Hopfully this will fix the problem on your side also.

comment:6 Changed 10 years ago by korrosa

  • Priority changed from major to minor

Whoop! Thanks tegzed - I've updated and I'll check tomorrow and close the ticket if succesful.

comment:7 Changed 10 years ago by korrosa

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.